Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

embracing the light





















The days have been stretching out, longer and longer. At first I felt uneasy with the change in our daily rhythm. I wasn't sure if I could keep up with the extra energy it involves. When the sun doesn't set until nearly 9pm, the kids find their second wind and want to keep on going. Gone are the days of early bedtimes. Instead, they ask for extra bike rides, play time, and they toss and turn till they finally rest. 
It took me a few weeks to come to. I admit, I wasn't thrilled at first. My grumpy mama-self wanted her cherished hour or two to herself in the evening. But then I slowly came to accept the sunlight, streaming into our bedrooms and the extra walks after dinner. And then naturally, I just decided to embrace the longer days, and treat them as a gift. Instead of fighting it, I made my mind up to take advantage of this time we all have together. And I am much happier for it. 

...

With the warmer weather, and holidays (Mother's Day and Victoria Day), we have been taking advantage of the free admission to the local Parks Canada sites. We visited the Fort Anne and Grand-Pre National Historic Sites, and both are such lovely places to go to. I highly recommend that people check out their local Parks Canada spots and use the free Canada 150 passes! 
... 

And back at home, I have been working away in the garden and it feel so so so good. Whoever said that gardening is stress relieving, really is right! Just the simple and repetitive task of weeding, tending and organizing, is so calming and zenful. I am quite happy to wander out into the garden to see what has grown over night, what flowers have popped up, or how my sunflowers and veggies are coming along. I have high hopes that this will be the year that the sunflowers I have planted will produce. I planted some seeds in the ground and also started some indoors. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. Sunflowers are my absolute favourite flower.

...

So there you have it. Spring is here. We are getting out a lot. Oh and I forgot to mention, Wesley is especially busy these days, so being out of the house is a lot easier for me, than staying home (more messes to clean up when we are at home).

Happy Spring days to you and yours.
xox




1 comment:

  1. I love your photos Johanna! Especially the one of the children walking away from the camera with sweet Wesley looking back at you.
    Your children are growing up, as are my grandchildren.
    Happy Spring days to you all!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!