Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

are we ready?




Here it goes. Finally, a post where I open the flood gates about this pregnancy, my hopes, my fears, my complaints, because really I haven't said much about it. 
The truth is, is that mostly I've been coasting along. It's been an easy pregnancy (thank God), and I've been busy being a mom to two, so I don't get much time to sit and contemplate much. 
What I do know is that, ready or not, this babe will soon make it's appearance, and while I don't have everything exactly ready like I did with Noah and Katia, my heart is ready, and we are excited to meet her or him. 
Lately I have been feeling super emotional and more to the point, sensitive. Certain comments hit me harder than usual, and it's harder to let things slide off my back. I won't go into great detail, but when people make comments about how helpful their own mothers are to them, it gets to me and I have to hold back my envy. Same goes for any ignorant comments about the refugee crisis, don't get me started. I laid into someone the other night, and had no regrets about it. Case in point? Careful what you say to this pregnant woman. I will do my best to remain rational .... but I can't make any promises. 
Physically, things have finally caught up to me and I am feeling huge. Finding a position to sleep in? No easy feat. I get Charlie Horse cramps at night, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in the day. I feel crazy pressure (down there) when I walk around. Oh and did I mention that I feel huge? I'm kinda done with the physical side of being pregnant, and am starting to get those fears, such as, what if this baby is huge? And will I have the energy to labour and birth the baby... I'm so tired, all the time! 
About a week or so ago, I had my Dad come to our rescue and agree to come down before I go into labour to be here with the kids. What a relief this was to me. It lifted my worries and made me feel such ease. I am thankful that he will be able to be here, and that the kids won't have to go to someone's house they barely know.
And so here we are. Just a few weeks away until our due date, and we don't have a car seat, don't have a coming home outfit for the baby, don't have a crib or bassinet set up and don't have a hospital bag packed. We're doing well right? 
xox



Noah took this of Winslow and I. At least the baby has a photo with Mama and Dada together while expecting. 

4 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, sweet mama. Just feel all the feels and don't worry about anyone but yourself.

    You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to say anything here! LOL! LOVE that Noah took that picture, how cool is that? You are already a great mom, you will do very well, birthing and coping and everything else! You are very lucky that your dad can come stay with the kiddoes. Looking forward to finding out what he/she is and what name you pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah, don't be too afraid ;)
      Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete

Oh goody....I love comments!