Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, August 30, 2014

lately


Remembering Amang








My emotions have been raw as of late. We've had sad news in our family, Winslow's sweet grandfather (Amang) passed away this past week. And we couldn't feel further away from our family at this moment. To hear everything go on through phone calls was a sad experience. Our last goodbyes to Amang were from a phone, as he lay in the hospital. Amang was such a kind, quiet, gentle soul, who we will miss so much. 
And while we deal with saying goodbye to Amang, two very good friends of mine have each had to say goodbye to a parent, way way way too soon. My friends have been in my heart and prayers, it seems so unfair. 
Once again, through such loss, I have been reminded that each day is a gift. Life is a gift. And even when the days seem hard, a little bit of perspective can help to set me straight. Get over the little things and be thankful for my blessings. For being alive. For the blessing of my family, my freinds, my health, my home.
This morning on our daily walk, we wore layers of sweaters and jackets ... and mittens! 
Suddenly over the course of a week, Autumn has come in full force. Today I noticed fresh snow on the mountains down yonder from our community. It feels all too early, we aren't even in September yet. And I'm not ready for it. I'm just not. 
And to sign off, a few photos from our recent trip to Fairbanks Alaska for a field trip with Noah's school. It wasn't Autumn there yet. So I full took advantage of all the beautiful flowers that were still in bloom. 
xox 


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jo, you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers too. I love you, dear friend. x

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!