Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, June 30, 2014

canada day 2014

We are gearing up for a sweet, small town Canada Day here in Beaver Creek.
Long are the days of squeezing onto the Hill, cramming to catch a glimpse of the Prime Minister and joining 100's of thousands of other party goers. There won't be fancy fireworks (it doesn't get dark here), there won't be any big name musicians playing on the Hill at night time.
Nowadays, we enjoy the simple life. The parade, the face painting, and cupcakes ... with sweet little Canada flags.
This year I will help my kids bike along in the parade, while hubby marches on in the front (wearing his red serge). I will paint faces for the kids, and help the decorate their bicycles with red and white.
It will be simple, quiet, easy and just what we like.
Most of all it will be quintessentially Canadian. Up in the far North, surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery our beautiful country has to offer, and my Mountie, marching in the parade.
Make no mistake, I am one fiercely proud Canadian
Happy Canada Day friends!
xox


here's 50 of the 100 cupcakes that I am making for our Canada Day bbq!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Canada Day, beautiful cup cakes, 100, wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!